Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Tricylce


I could not imagine trying to teach my chunky son how to ride a bicycle. As a matter of fact, I don't like to say things are impossible, but I think this would be close to impossible. So I looked into getting him a tricycle. I'm not talking one of those little kiddie ones. That would not do. I'm talking an adult size tricycle. I looked into them and even though they are a little expensive, I think it would be worth it. Not to mention it has a HUGE basket on the back, that you could carry some large size items in. Maybe he would be willing to tote me around in that basket, or at least his baby sister and the cats, Tom and Jerry.
Talk about payback, though. When I was younger, my family and I lived in a very small community called Gaston. Gaston had one gas station, a small market place that sold some basics in an old building, a library the size of my closet, and well, that was basically it. So everyone knew everyone. One of the town locals, someone that everybody waved at when the saw him, was an older gentleman that rode around that little town on his tricycle. Something very similar to what I'm looking to get for my son. I thought it was so funny. There he was peddling the streets of Gaston on this giant tricycle. Mind you, I never made fun of him, just had a little chuckle at his expense when I saw him.
Never laugh, people. It has a way of really biting you in the butt at some future date in time.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a great idea! I see from your sidebar that your son now has a set of wheels. Very cool.

Inasy said...

great idea! I would like to get my 11 year old autistic son such a bike. Where did you get yours from?