Monday, June 23, 2008

Meat On My Mind

I found out this evening that one of my children accidentally left the freezer door slightly ajar on Sunday night. AAAAAH! What with the warm weather (or should I say hot), it defrosted quite quickly. A task that I have been meaning to do, but keep putting off. So this evening I spent my time cooking 12 lbs. of chicken, an 8 lb ham, and 6 tubes of sausage. I got chicken breasts, taco flavored chicken, BBQ chicken, diced ham, sliced ham, etc., etc. Needless to say, I won't have to cook for a month. In order to save it, I cooked it, and then refroze most of it.
My husband was once a manager at a restaurant. He still has his trusty meat thermometer and he went through all of it, testing the temperature to make sure that it hadn't gotten too warm. All of it was salvageable, which I guess was the silver lining. There were other items that didn't fare too well that had to be gotten rid of so I should count my blessings.
Vegetarians beware. If you are offended by this blog I apologized, but at this point I'm so sick of cooking meat, I'm tempted to join you in your crusade! The funny thing is, my son L., which I have previously mentioned, likes to repeat things from shows was jumping up and down, chanting, "I love to eat," from Elmo's World. At least someone appreciates me.

No comments: